Friday, February 20, 2009

Tagged - for the very first time!

It's Friday, yay!

And I've been tagged for the first time - thanks, Posey!

Here are the questions, along with my hopefully non-crappy answers:

What’s your favourite eye shadow color to wear? I'm going to have to go with anything gold or bronzey. I love a little bit of natural-but-better shimmer on the lids with some nice smudged brown liner. Looks great on my pale, freckled skin!

What’s the one product you wouldn’t leave your house without? Lip products, definitely. My friends laugh at me because I have one makeup bag that always has at least three glosses in it. They are usually one or all of the following (all by MAC): Flusterose, Viva Glam IV, or Peroxide.

What’s your favourite makeup look – high drama OR natural? Hm...this really depends on my mood. I would say that the look I wear most is more natural but with a twist (see above re: bronzey, smokey eyes).

Which feature do you play up the most? My eyes, for sure. I have unnaturally long eyelashes, which sounds great, but can actually be a pain. Imagine spending ten minutes doing your eyes only to ruin it all when your freshly-mascara-ed lashes hit your eyelid!

Which feature do you try to downplay/cover up? I have a slightly crooked nose - but I can't exactly cover it up, haha.

Your favourite makeup brand, if you could pick only ONE to exist? This is a really hard question. I know that probably everyone says this, but I would have to say MAC since their products perform consistently well (with a few exceptions).

Which product have you re-purchased OVER and OVER again? I'm not a big fan of buying one thing multiple times. I'm more of a "let's try out as much as possible!" kind of gal (ok, so maybe that means I'm a makeup whore). I would have to say though that after I finish this vial of MAC's Select Moisturecover, I will probably repurchase again and again. It's amazing.

Which product would you NEVER repurchase again and why? MAC's Penultimate liquid liner. I'm returning the one I have now. I know a lot of people love this stuff, but I wore it for the first time yesterday (flicked up at the ends for a pretty cat eye) - disaster. I barely brushed my eye while adjusting my glasses and it smudged. I'm talking black all over my eye. Not cool.

One beauty treatment you would always PAY to have done? I can do pretty much everything myself, including eyebrows, but I really suck at anything hair-related. Any cuts, colors, or treatments I would have to pay for, because I simply wouldn't know where to start. I've never been a "hair" girl, I usually just throw it up in a ponytail.

One beauty treatment you would NEVER pay to have done? I would likely never pay to have my makeup done. I remember having it done as a teenager at kiosks at the mall and thinking, "This person doesn't have a clue what they're doing." Nobody ever did it the way I liked. (I was once at a Clinique counter and the lady working there put orange shadow on my lids - yes, orange shadow on a pale, freckled blonde. You do the math.)

One beauty trick you can share with everyone? If you want to foil loose shadow and don't have any mixing medium, spray some Fix + on your brush and then dip it into your pigment. It works great, and is a lot more convenient than having to make homemade water and glycerin mixing medium every couple of weeks. Oh, and a second tip (I find this one invaluable) is to lean your head back when applying mascara. This helps keep the brush away from your eyelid so you don't end up with little black marks next to your lash line.

Best advice you've ever been given regarding beauty and makeup? Take care of your skin, for sure (this includes moisturizing and staying out of the sun). My mom gave me this advice. She's 53 and has the best skin I've ever seen on a woman her age. (Hi, mom!)

...and there you have it! A scary look into the mind of a beauty addict, hehe. I would tag some other folks, but since the blog is so new, I'm not sure who may be reading this that actually has a beauty blog of their own. That said, if you are reading this out there and want to post your own answers, please leave a comment!

Hope everyone is having a fab Friday. The weekend is upon us!

Katherine

1 comment: