Sunday, February 15, 2009

MAC Hello Kitty!

I finally made it out to my local MAC store to get in on the Hello Kitty madness. My unbelievably awesome boyfriend got me a MAC gift card for Valentine's Day (love!) so I was able to get pretty much everything on my "lust" list while I was there. So here's what I got:



I was pleasantly surprised by this collection. Collaborating with Hello Kitty is pretty great in the first place, but the products themselves are fabulous. There were a few things that I knew I definitely didn't want after swatching them, but the things I liked I really liked.



Beauty Powder Blush in Fun & Games

Fun & Games blush is a gorgeous peachy blush with gold flecks of glitter in it. I chose this over the other pink blush (Tippy) in the collection because I have the Dress Camp palette and the colors were almost identical.



Lipstick in Cute-ster

Cute-ster is a sheer neutral lipstick with a hint of peachy pink in it and some gold and pink sparkles. I originally thought I was really going to want Big Bow lipstick, but even after swatching it, I found that it was just too bright for my super pale skin.



Lipglass in She Loves Candy and Nice Kitty

I'm an unashamed lipglass addict. If it's pink and sparkly, I'm all over it. I chose these two colors specifically because the others were just too intense for me. Again, I have super pale skin so I have to be careful what colors I choose. I just wasn't brave enough to try orange or purple on my lips!



Tinted Lip Conditioner in Pink Fish

Ok, so I love this lip conditioner. The pink is absolutely gorgeous, especially on pale freckled skin! It has SPF 15 which is great, and the packaging is uber-cute.



Glitter Eyeliner in Her Glitz

I'm usually not one for unwearable glitter, but this stuff is amazing. I wore it yesterday with neutral eyeshadow, and it looked great. The bronzey color works well for everyday and the glitter isn't so intense that you look like a disco ball. I just got a subtle sparkle when the light hit my face. Fabulous!



Eyeshadow Quad in Lucky Tom

I love this quad. I chose it over the Too Dolly quad because for me, the colors are much more wearable. I thought I would like the Too Dolly quad better but after seeing it in person, I really didn't care for it. Yogurt didn't show up on my skin at all and I found the other shadows pretty chalky. I am loving the Lucky Tom quad though - all of the colors have a silkier finish (I think - my favorite finish is Veluxe Pearl, yay smoothness!) and are more wearable for me on an every day basis (except maybe Stylin', the bright purple).

Overall, this collection was pretty impressive. Everyone at my local MAC boutique was super excited about it and the accessories (brushes and holder, mirror, doll, bags) were also adorable. Plus, I got an awesome re-usable Hello Kitty for MAC bag - score! My friend Lindsay also got one even though she didn't purchase anything from the collection because I evidently buy there "all the time." Ha!

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. :)

2 comments:

  1. In ref: studio sculpt.

    im actually going to do another review on it, because i dont like it that much. It definitely leaves my skin oily looking, and im not oily skinned. iget a bit of shine throughout the day but its more dewey, not shiney like and oil slick lol.

    i definitely prefer my SFF way more! im still going to use the SC though.

    Also, i was using my 187 to apply the SC, like i do with my SFF, but i dont like it. I may try using my Sonia Kashuk blending sponge with it next time and see how that turns out.

    Like i said, in a day or so im going to do a follow up review with a few different application techniques and how i like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REF: NYXpearls, ya know ive had my eye on them everytime i order NYX stuff, but i never buy them and i dont know why. I will definitely look into them next time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete