Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mark. stuff!

I got my shipment of goodies from mark. this week and was so excited to try them out. Here's what I got:


Clockwise from top left: Glow Xpert in Champagne Glow, Instant Vacation Fragrance Mist, For Goodness Face moisturizer with antioxidants and SPF 30, Hook Up with On The Edge liquid eyeliners in Lilith and Cleo, Hook Up with Glow Baby Glow Lipglosses in Peek-a-boo and Girly Girl, and Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder.

With each new product I get from mark., the more impressed I am. For the prices of these products, they are amazingly pretty. The Instant Vacation Fragrance Mist is like summer in a bottle; spritz a bit on and you immediately feel like you're standing on a beach, surrounded by plumeria and coconuts. It's wonderful for lifting your spirits on a dreary February day. And it's currently on clearance!

I've only tried For Goodness Face once so far, but I really like it. It doesn't smell like sunscreen and isn't heavy and thick like a sunscreen either, which is unusual given the high SPF. It has this really cool dispenser - it's like a pump, you push down on the top of the jar and the perfectly measured amount comes out from a hole in the middle of the top. Super neato!

My fave products so far are the Hook Ups. First of all, the whole Hook Up concept is great not only for keeping your favorite products together, but for portability as well. How great is it that you can pair up the items you want, throw them in your bag, and go? It's so convenient! Here are some swatches:


Clockwise from top left: GBG in Peek-a-boo, GBG in Girly Girl, OTE in Cleo, and OTE in Lilith

As you can see from the swatches, these products are - well, amazing. The Glow Baby Glow glosses are so pretty; the little vials are so cute and they smell like mint! The colors are gorgeous; Peek-a-boo is a sheer, sparkly gold nude and Girly Girl is a matte, sheer, "just pinched" pink. I am super pleased with the color payoff. The liquid liners are great as well; the brushes are super tiny and easily controled (I feel a ferosh cat eye coming on!) and these suckers do not budge. Once they dry, they really will not go anywhere; you'll likely need makeup remover to get them off. I particularly like Lilith - it dries to a really pretty bronzey, shimmery brown that I think will be perfect for spring and summer.

The bronzer is a staple; it's a pretty terra cotta colored, slightly shimmery bronzer that I think would work well for most skin tones. It applies pretty sheerly so is buildable; I tried swatching, but it didn't really show up (which is a good thing - I can add on layers, instead of looking like a clown!).


The Glow Xpert is a super fun product. It has a sponge tip applicator that's embedded into the twist-off cap. You dot the sponge on the places the light naturally hits your face (apples of cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin) for a subtle shimmer. I like that this product is so user friendly. Look at the cute applicator! (And pardon my unpolished, unkempt nails.)


I'm really excited about using this in some "fresh faced" looks for spring. And at $8, you can't beat the price. I tried swatching, and here's a pic, but I apologize if you can't see anything - as you know, my skin is so pale!


So there you have it. I didn't get a ton of products but I'm incredibly pleased with what I did receive. The price points of these items make them easy to indulge in as well; the Hook Up items were only $5 a piece and you get a free connector for every two you buy. Not bad at all! If you guys want to see more in depth reviews of any of these items, just request in the comments.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday; it's a little cool and cloudy here, but I'm not at work so I'm a happy girl. :)

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment