The first thing that caught my attention was the bright yellow and purple packaging. It's so cheery! The big fat tube is appealing too - it makes me envision my soon-to-be big fat lashes!
So here's the low down:
- Big fluffy brush gets even the tiniest lashes.
- The length this stuff provides is pretty phenomenal.
- The formula (it has collagen in it!) goes on very smoothly. The brush sort of glided over my lashes with no pulling or tugging.
- I can distribute mascara to my tiny lower lashes without looking like a racoon. Major plus! (Usually I have to awkwardly maneuver the brush to avoid hitting my skin.)
- The first thing that struck me after opening the tube was a strange smell. It seems to have dissipated after a day or so, but man, that first application nearly knocked me on my feet.
- Sadly, like most cheaper mascaras, this one had a bit of flake-age after only a few hours. Nothing I can't handle (I've seen worse) but it's not ideal either.
FINAL VERDICT: Give it a try. It's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst. I think I would buy this again before I buy another $24 tube of mascara I'll just have to throw away in a few months. As of right now, however, the best drugstore mascara I've been able to find is Maybelline's Full 'N Soft!