Friday, February 13, 2009

Drugstore: Product of the Week


This week's product: Nivea A Kiss of Moisture Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4. I'm a lip product junkie, so it's only natural that I'd have ten trillion kinds of lip balms. I really like this one, though, and for $2.50 a tube, I don't feel like I've indulged too much.

While lipglosses are great (who doesn't love some sparkle), sometimes it's nice to just go in your bag and grab a great lip balm and smooth it on without any muss or fuss. The packaging for this product is sleek and functional and the light blue tube makes it easy to spot in my makeup bag. I also like the fact that the top snaps on to the white, twisty-bottom part, so I know it won't come apart in my bag and turn into a huge mess.

The balm itself goes on smooth and silky without feeling like I've just slathered on a layer of wax (ahem, Burt's Bees). It has a light feel to it and I'm not overly conscious of the fact that I'm wearing a lip product, which is nice. My lips stay moisturized, though the product sinks in fairly quickly and if your lips are really dry, you may want to keep the tube handy for re-application. I consider this lip balm to be a must-have, especially for this pre-spring months when the weather gets so wacky. Here in Virginia it's been freezing one day, and near 80 degrees the next!


Hope you're all having a great Friday!


Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment