Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Drugstore Find: Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion


I loathe spending a lot of money on body lotions because I tend to use a lot - I have extremely fair, sensitive, dry skin. With Vaseline's cocoa butter line, I don't have to feel guilty! I am in love with this deep conditioning body lotion, which comes in a giant bottle and can be found at your local Target, Wal-Mart or drugstore. It's affordable (anywhere from $5-7) and isn't greasy like some cocoa butter lotions can be. The texture of this lotion is thicker than some, but it sinks into the skin quickly with no sticky residue. There is a light cocoa butter scent that dissipates with time and is not bothersome (and I am very scent-sitive). This lotion is also a great option if you have keratosis pilaris ("chicken skin" - a sign that your skin is very dry). After just a few applications my skin was noticeably softer and after a week of use, I couldn't believe the difference!

There are a few other products in this line, including deep conditioning body butter, a bath oil, and a conditioning cream made especially for knees and elbows. I have tried everything but the bath oil and would recommend them all without reservation. I also love that this product is available at convenient locations - you can find it at literally any mass market retailer. Sometimes it's a pain to have to make a trip to the mall for your preferred beauty product.

For soft summer skin, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment